2023 National Wetlands Awards Initial Nomination Form
The nominations for the 2023 National Wetlands Awards are now closed.
The National Wetlands Awards categories are:
(1) Youth Leadership: This award is given to a wetlands champion 21 or under whose work demonstrates a strong dedication to protecting wetlands. The nominee must be age 21 or under at the time of nomination.
(2) Scientific Research: This award is presented to an academic, consultant, or individual engaged in forward thinking scientific research on wetland ecosystems.
(3) Promoting Awareness: This award is presented to an educator, volunteer, NGO staffer, or other individual whose direct activities inspire and empower others to engage in wetlands protection and provide them with the tools to do so, through knowledge sharing, outreach, or advocacy. Special consideration will be given to individuals who promote the meaningful engagement and fair treatment of low-income and/or minority individuals or communities.
(4) Local Stewardship: This award is presented to a landowner, community member, local NGO staffer, local government official, or other individual who voluntarily or as part of their job helps restore, protect, or minimize impacts to their local wetlands through actions taken either on their own property or land owned by others. Special consideration will be given to individuals who focus on restoring, protect or minimize impacts in areas with legacy pollution, or that have suffered setbacks due to historical divestment and disenfranchisement.
(5) Wetlands Program Development: This award is given to a state, local, or tribal authority who has developed and administered an outstanding wetland program.
(6) Business Leadership: This award is given to an individual who, through the course of their work in the private sector, has made substantial contributions to wetland sustainability as part of a corporate responsibility initiative or through their business.
Please visit our FAQs tab for more information or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.