WELL welcomes all who support women-led initiatives and gender equality.
What is WELL? WELL supports ELI’s overarching mission to foster innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. Members of WELL do this by developing connections for ELI in communities throughout the United States, introducing its many programs and benefits to others, growing participation by women in ELI’s Leadership Council, advancing female leadership in the environmental law and policy field, and informing ELI’s programs as they relate to women’s issues.
How to Participate? WELL Membership is an ELI Membership benefit. Women on ELI’s Leadership Council and Board of Directors, among others, comprise the WELL Steering Committee, which develops programs, events, and other forms of outreach to create new leadership opportunities for WELL members and to grow the ELI Leadership Council’s ranks.
Some WELL events are open to the public at large, others are exclusively for ELI Members.
Why Participate? Now more than ever, it is important for the environmental law community to establish working relationships, stay connected, and lift each other up personally and professionally. WELL seeks to support and advance women leadership in the ELI community, and in the environmental law and policy field more broadly, by offering networking and professional development opportunities.
WELL Serves to:
- Support aspiring women leaders who are seeking leadership opportunities;
- Connect women professionals working in environmental law and policy through the WELL network and WELL programs/events;
- Assist women environmental professionals to enhance their skills through programs focused on cutting edge and critical developments in environmental law and policy;
- Provide focus and thought leadership on gender issues in the environmental context, both in the United States and abroad;
- Ensure the participation of women on ELI’s Leadership Council; and
- Strengthen ELI while growing its connections and reputation within the national environmental law community.
WELL is currently active in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, CA. We look forward to expanding the WELL network to other cities and regions throughout the country.
Interested in learning more about WELL or subscribing to the WELL mailing list for upcoming event information? Please email Laura Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.939.3810.
Help Us Reach Our “50%” Goal! ELI’s Leadership Council is committed to attaining equal membership among female and male professionals. Not a member of the Leadership Council? Join today. Already a member? Tell a friend or colleague about the benefits of joining the Leadership Council—and WELL!