The In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Training Webinar Series was designed to help states, tribes, and local governments; conservation organizations; and other interested groups develop or refine rigorous in-lieu-fee programs that yield ecologically effective and sustainable compensatory mitigation. The series of webinars focuses on specific subjects, providing in-depth technical support on the topics of most interest to participants. The topics were chosen with the assistance of an Advisory Committee based on an assessment of the needs of states, tribes, and local governments and conservation organizations seeking approval for or overseeing the approval of statewide or regional in-lieu fee programs.
Establishing ILF Program Accounts, Administrative Costs, and Fee Methodologies
The in-lieu fee program instrument must establish a methodology for determining future project-specific fees and must include a description of the in-lieu fee program account (33 CFR 332.8(d)(6)(iv)). The program account must be established prior to accepting any fees from permittees and "may only be used for the selection, design, acquisition, implementation, and management of in-lieu fee compensatory mitigation projects," "except for a small percentage that can be used for administrative costs" (33 CFR 332.8(i)(1)). For this webinar, Palmer Hough (US Environmental Protection Agency) gave an overview of administrative costs, ILF program accounts, and fee determination methodologies. Eric Held (Ducks Unlimited) discussed ILF program accounts in more detail. Patti Grace Jarrett (US Army Corps of Engineers Louisville District) and Lori Sommer (New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services) discussed example fee methodologies.
- Palmer Hough, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Eric Held, Ducks Unlimited
- Patti Grace Jarrett, US Army Corps of Engineers Louisville District
- Lori Sommer, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Palmer Hough's PowerPoint Presentation
- Eric Held’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Patti Grace Jarrett’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Lori Sommer’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Federal Policy: In-Lieu Fee Program Account
- Federal Policy and Examples: Developing a Fee Schedule
- Fee Calculator for the New Hampshire Aquatic Resource Mitigation Fund
- Resource Compensation Rates and Formulas for the Maine Natural Resource Conservation Program