Each summer, ELI convenes a complimentary seminar series that offers an introduction to the legal and policy foundations of environmental protection in the United States.
ELI's Summer School is a series of brown-bag lunch seminars taught by experts in their fields, introducing the audience to the major environmental statutes (including NEPA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, TSCA, RCRA, and CERCLA) and land use law. Faculty will also incorporate major regulatory and judicial updates to the laws.
Who will benefit: All are welcome. Students and emerging professionals will have unique opportunities to learn, hear updates, ask questions, and network. The series is intended for:
- law students and graduate students, and
- working professionals new to or looking for a refresher course in environmental law (such as interns, summer clerks, and associates, or second-career professionals)
This brown-bag series is free, but please register for the individual sessions below so that we can plan accordingly! In-person registration is limited.
All events are held 12-2 p.m. (brown-bag). All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing/listening (usually within 48 hours) at the individual event links below.
All times are EDT. Questions?: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: All registrants for ELI events need to have an ELI "account." When you click on an individual event's Register Here link, you will be asked to log in.
- ELI members have accounts. If you don't remember your password, please click on the "Request new password" tab.
- Non-members who have previously not set up an ELI account may click on the "Create new account" tab, complete the process, and then return to this page to register. While creating this account does not confer membership, it will allow you to register for this and future events.
The 2015 Summer School series included: (click on individual links for recordings/presentations)
- June 4, 2015: The Ins and Outs of Careers in the Environmental Field (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- June 11, 2015: NEPA, ESA & Fundamentals of Environmental Law (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- June 18, 2015: Basics of Land Use Law (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- June 25, 2015: Basics of the Clean Water Act (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- June 30, 2015: Hazardous Waste and Sites (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- July 9, 2015: Law & Policy of Products Regulation (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- July 23, 2015: Basics of the Clean Air Act (ELI Summer School, 2015)
- July 29, 2015: Basics of Energy Law (ELI Summer School, 2015)