Out of print
This edition is out of print. Please refer to the second edition.
The Sustainability Handbook: The Complete Management Guide to Achieving Social, Economic, and Environmental Responsibility covers the complexities, challenges and benefits of sustainability as it is pursued by corporate, academic, government and non-profit organizations. It provides a blueprint on how organizations of all sizes can reach or exceed economic, social and environmental excellence. The handbook offers a wide variety of practical approaches and tools, including:
- A model sustainability policy for organizations;
- Summaries of sustainability codes and tips on how to select them;
- Practical guidance on structuring the organization for sustainability and gaining support from management;
- Overview of key sustainability trends and suggestions on how to use them in strategic planning; and
- Extensive collection of sample metrics.
William Blackburn has worked in the area of corporate sustainability for several decades and is a popular lecturer on the topic. He successfully led sustainability initiatives within a major global corporation and continues to provide guidance on the topic to companies, universities, governments, standards bodies and non-profit firms around the world.