Center staff regularly conduct educational activities. These typically describe the impacts of industrial agricultural practices on the environment, as well as the opportunities for—and obstacles to—responding to those impacts through law and policy. Public presentations and convening activities include:
"What's for Dinner? Achieving Municipal Climate Mitigation Targets through Alternative Proteins," ELI webinar (2020).
"What Can Animal Law Learn From Environmental Law?," ELI People Places Planet Podcast (2020).
"Keeping Food on the Table: Impacts of a Global Pandemic on Agriculture and Food Supply Chains," webinar presented by Women in Government Relations (2020).
"Five Years Later: What Can Animal Law Learn From Environmental Law?," ELI webinar (2020).
"Inconspicuous Consumption: The Link Between Everyday Practices and Climate Change," ELI People Places Planet Podcast (2020).
"Inconspicuous Consumption: The Environmental Impact You Don't Know You Have," seminar co-sponsored by ELI and the Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review, the Energy, Environment and Land Use Program, the Urban Green Lab, Vanderbilt Climate Change Research Network, and the Nashville Food Waste Initiative, Nashville, TN (2020).
"Representing Truth in Agriculture," Food Integrity Campaign's 10th anniversary conference, Washington, DC (2019).
"Genetic Engineering: The Good, The Bad, and The Necessary," ELI 50th anniversary seminar, Washington, DC (2019).
"Sustainable Investment in Agriculture," International Bar Association webinar supported by the National Agriculture Law Center and ELI (2019).
"Upper Mississippi States: Innovative Financing for Nutrient Reduction," ELI webinar (2019).
"MA-ShellfAST: A GIS-Based Tool for Shellfish Aquaculture Siting and Permitting," ELI webinar (2018).
"Chesapeake Food Summit," hosted by the Washington Regional Food Funders, Washington, DC (2018).
- “Big Ag, Food, and 21st Century Environmental Policy,” 32nd Annual Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, OR (2014).
- “Time to Clear the Air: Animal Factories & Air Pollution,” 32nd Annual Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, OR (2014).
- “Advancing Animal Welfare Reform: Humanitarian, Legislative, and Philanthropic Perspectives,“ panel presentation & luncheon convened as part of the Rachel’s Network Speaker Series, Cosmos Club, Washington, DC (2013).
- “The Environmental Consequences of Industrialized Agriculture,” teleconference hosted by Rachel’s Network, Animals & Society Learning Circle (2013).
- "Animal Factories & Antibiotic Resistance: What's at Stake and What's Being Done to Turn the Tide?" 31st Annual Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, OR (2013).
- "Agriculture and Environmental Protection: The 2012 Farm Bill and Beyond," National Teleconference hosted by ELI and featuring expert panelists (2012).
- "Sustainability and Ethics of Animal Farming Practices," Working in the Public Interest (WIPI) Conference, University of Georgia Law School, Athens, GA (2012).
- "Factory Farming: Environmental Consequences and Legal Responses," Third Annual Animal Law Section CLE, Louisiana State Bar Association, New Orleans, LA (2011).
- "Old MacDonald Had a Factory? Environmental and Animal Welfare Impacts of Factory Farms," event at Drexel University Law School, sponsored by the Drexel Law Student Animal Legal Defense Fund and Drexel Environmental Law Society, Philadelphia, PA (2011).
- "Animal Factories and Commodity Crops: Legal Approaches for Combating the Environmental Harms," 29th Annual Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, OR (2011).
- "Using Environmental Laws to Crack Down on Animal Agriculture," 18th Annual Animal Law Conference at Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland, OR (2010).
- "Charting a Course for the Protection of Farmed Animals: Legal and Economic Approaches," conference on the Future of Animal Law, sponsored by the Animal Legal Defense Fund, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA (2010).