Cosponsored by the Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
An ELI 50th Anniversary Master Class
Increasingly destructive hurricanes, worsening droughts and wildfires, and rising seas are prompting the development of legal, policy, and institutional solutions to address the impacts of climate change and create more resilient communities. Panelists explored current climate adaptation practices and provided insight on regulatory and policy approaches at the federal, state, and local levels.
Panel 1: Principles and Policy explored the role of government regulations in climate adaptation, and how adaptation practices have evolved over time, especially from a planning and policy perspective. Panelists reviewed opportunities for innovative adaptation measures, examined implementation obstacles, and discussed cross-cutting considerations, including equity and justice for vulnerable communities.
2:30 - 2:45
2:45 - 4:15
Panel 2: Adaptation in Practice focused on ways multiple stakeholders can identify and implement the next steps in moving from an adaptation plan to adaptation action. Panelists explored the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) natural hazard mitigation approaches, best methods for integrating climate risk assessments into existing adaptation operations, and climate adaptation examples on multiple jurisdictional scales.
ELI members will have access to materials/a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
In-person CLE Attendees:
- We will have a sign-in and sign-out sheet for you to initial and fill out with time total time of attendance for the Master Class.
- We will provide you with your CLE information at the end of the Master Class.
Webinar CLE Attendees (you must have selected CLE info when you registered):
- When watching the webinar you will need to have the webinar at the forefront of your computer screen as GoTo webinar software will be tracking attentiveness and creating an attentiveness report.
- You will need to be watching the webinar for a majority of the time to receive CLE Credit.
- We will email you the CLE information and certification within one week of the event.