Washington, DC, Conference
Environmental Law Institute
Friday, March 31, 2017
10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
The conference will take place on March 31, 2017, from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm, at ELI:
1730 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
The conference is free and open to the public, but please REGISTER HERE before noon on March 29, 2017. Contact hare-grogg [at] eli.org with any questions.
Additionally, the event will be broadcast as a webinar, for which you may register here.
The full agenda is available here.
- James W. Coleman (author), Assistant Professor of Law, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Matt Banks, Manager, Climate & Business, World Wildlife Fund
- Alan Horowitz, former Vice President, Global Safety, Health, Environment, Sustainability & Operations Compliance, AstraZeneca
- Jeffrey A. Smith, Co-Director of Fordham Law School Sustainability Initiative and retired partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Brian J. Wong, Senior Counsel, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- J. Peter Byrne (co-author), Faculty Director, Georgetown Environmental Law and Policy Institute, and John Hampton Baumgartner, Jr. Professor of Real Property Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Kathryn A. Zyla (co-author), Deputy Director, Georgetown Climate Center
- Christopher V. Carlyle, Attorney, The Carlyle Appellate Law Firm
- Adam Freed, Principal, Bloomberg Associates
- Gwen Wright, Planning Director, Montgomery County Planning Department
- Eloise Pasachoff (author), Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center (via video)
- Rosario Palmieri, Vice President for Labor, Legal, and Regulatory Policy, National Association of Manufacturers
- Russell Shay, Director of Public Policy, Land Trust Alliance
- Ali Zaidi, Precourt Energy Fellow, Stanford University; Senior Advisor, Morrison & Foerster LLP; former Associate Director for Natural Resources, Energy, and Science, White House Office of Management and Budget (2014-2017)
Nashville, TN, Conference
Vanderbilt University Law School
Monday, March 13, 2017
12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
The conference took place on March 13, 2017, from 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM, at Vanderbilt University Law School:
131 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203
The event was free and open to the public. A recording of the event can be found here.
Enhancing Conservation Options: an Argument for Statutory Recognition of Options to Purchase Conservation Easements
- Federico Cheever (author), Professor of Law and Co-Director of the Environmental and Natural Resources Program, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Roger McCoy, Director of the Division of Natural Areas, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Liz Edsall McLaurin, President and CEO, Land Trust for Tennessee
- William R. Sylvester, Shareholder, BakerDonelson
For more information on previous conferences, please see our Past Events page.