Washington, DC Conference
WHEN: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm EST, April 1, 2016
WHERE: Rayburn House Office Building Room 2168, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
The Permit Power Revisited: The Theory and Practice of Regulatory Permits in the Administrative State
- J.B. Ruhl, David Daniels Allen Distinguished Chair of Law, Vanderbilt University Law School (co-author with Eric Biber, Professor of Law, University of California, Berkeley)
- D. Randall Benn, Member, and Brent Fewell, Member, Earth & Water Group
- Bill Sapp, Senior Attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Ethan Shenkman, Deputy General Counsel, and Aditi Prabhu, Attorney-Adviser, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Listen to the audio recording of the Introduction and Panel 1.
Rethinking Health-Based Environmental Standards
- Michael A. Livermore, Associate Professor of Law, University of Virginia School of Law, and Richard L. Revesz, Lawrence King Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
- Robert Martineau, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Sally Katzen, Senior Adviser, Podesta Group
- Gary S. Guzy, Senior of Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP
Listen to the audio recording of Panel 2.
- Shelley Welton, Ph.D. Law Candidate, Yale Law School
- Randolph Elliott, Senior Regulatory Counsel, American Public Power Association
- Michael Panfil, Attorney, Environmental Defense Fund (via video)
- Michael J. Gergen, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
Listen to the audio recording of Panel 3.
Vanderbilt University Law School Conference
WHEN: March 29, 2016, 12:00 pm CST - 1:00 pm CST
Cost-Benefit Analysis as a Commitment Device
- Matthew Wansley, Climenko Fellow and Lecturer in Law, Harvard Law School
- W. Kip Viscusi, University Distinguished Professor of Law, Economics, and Management, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Kevin M. Stack, Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University Law School
For more information on previous conferences, please see our Past Events page.