The Project Steering Committee provides input into project direction, methodology, and deliverables. The Steering Committee brings a cross-section of expertise on Tribal cultural resources, natural resource management, California CEQA/local planning law, Tribal community health and wellness and state/local government agency decision-making.
Steering Committee Members:
- Salvina Norris, Vice Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Dry Creek Rancheria
- Tieraney Valencia-Giron, Tribal Historic Preservation Officer, Dry Creek Rancheria
- Dr. Mark LeBeau (Pit River Nation), Executive Director, California Rural Indian Health Board
- Merri Lopez-Keifer (San Luis Rey Band of Mission Indians), Director of the Office of Native American Affairs California Department of Justice – Office of the Attorney General
- Ken Norton (Hoopa Valley Tribe), Director of the TEPA and Land Management Departments, Hoopa Valley Tribe and Chair, National Tribal Water Council
- Dr. Giorgio Curti, Lecturer, Geography Department, San Diego State University / Co-Owner, Cultural Geographics Consulting
- Theodore Griswold, Partner, Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP
Support for this project was provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Policies for Action program. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the Foundation.