The Project Steering Committee provides input into project direction, methodology, and deliverables. The Steering Committee brings a cross-section of expertise on Tribal cultural resources, natural resource management, California CEQA/local planning law, Tribal community health and wellness and state/local government agency decision-making.
Steering Committee Members:
- Salvina Norris, Vice Chair, Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians
- Sherrie Smith-Ferri, Ph.D., Tribal Historic Preservation Officer and enrolled Tribal Member, Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians
- Steve Bodmer, Deputy General Counsel, Pechanga Band of Indians
- Dr. Mark LeBeau (Pit River Nation), Executive Director, California Rural Indian Health Board
- Merri Lopez-Keifer, Tribal Member and Senior Advisor to the Tribal Council of the San Luis Rey Band of Mission Indians
- Ken Norton (Hoopa Valley Tribe), Director of the TEPA and Land Management Departments, Hoopa Valley Tribe and Chair, National Tribal Water Council
- Dr. Giorgio Curti, Lecturer, Geography Department, San Diego State University / Co-Owner, Cultural Geographics Consulting
- Theodore Griswold, Partner and Founder of the Native American Practice Group, Procopio LLP
- Jane Clough, Former Tribal Liaison/Senior Regional Planner, San Diego Association of Governments
- Anne Lucke, Library Director, National Indian Law Library, Native American Rights Fund
Support for this project was provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Policies for Action program and the Henry Luce Foundation. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of either Foundation.