New to ELI, thinking about joining, or wondering how to maximize the benefits provided by membership? Watch this video to learn about all the ELI has to offer and how to take full advantage of our web-based resources.
- How do I access the Just for Members section of the site?
- I've forgotten my Username/Password. How do I get help?
- I want to find out if someone is a member. How do I do that?
- How do I renew my membership?
- I don’t remember if I renewed my membership. How can I find out when my membership expires?
- I’d like to get information on joining the ELI Associate Program for a colleague. What information is available and how do I request it?
- My email and/or mailing address has changed. Whom do I notify?
- I was unable to attend a particular Associate seminar of interest. How can I get copies of any handouts or listen to a recording of the discussion?
- How do I take advantage of my Associate discount on ELI publications?
- My firm/company/organization has a job opening in the environmental field. How do I get notice of the vacancy listed in the weekly @ELI.org newsletter and on the Just for Members site?
- My firm/company/organization is sponsoring a conference/other event that I think would be of interest to ELI Associates. How do I get that notice of that event publicized to ELI members?
- Whom should I contact with any membership questions not listed above?
You may access the site in one of two ways:
- Go to www.eli.org, click on “For Members” on the top-most navigation bar. Then enter your Username/Password and click “Log In.” You may then click on any of the links provided under the various categories and you will have instant access to the information.
- Go directly to the Just For Members page, enter your Username/Password, click “Log In.” You will then have access to the site.
For security reasons, we cannot access the username or password that you used when setting up your membership account. When you attempt to log in, you will also see a "Reset Password" button which you can use to obtain a temporary login in order to reset your password. Contact email@example.com if you continue to have login problems. Note: please be aware that your membership access is linked to the email address which you used to set up the original account, so if you regularly use several email addresses and suddenly can't get access, you may be logging in using the wrong one. If you'd like to permanently change the email address your account is linked to, please advise firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can make that change on your membership account.
Follow the instructions above to access Just for Associates. Once there, click on ELI Associates Directory. Then you can enter as little or as much information as you want to locate an individual or firm/company.
Contact email@example.com. We will be happy to provide you with the expiration date for your membership.
6. I’d like to get information on joining the ELI Associate Program for a colleague. What information is available and how do I request it?
You may simply send them this link which will provide them with an outline of individual benefits.
It is important to keep your mailing and email addresses current in our membership records. This information is reflected in your listing in the ELI Associates Directory and is used to mail issues of The Environmental Forum and @ELI.org. Send any mailing or email address changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post them immediately.
8. I was unable to attend a particular Associate seminar of interest. How can I get copies of any handouts or a transcript of the discussion?
Most of our noon-time seminars held in Washington, DC are made part of a downloadable streaming video archive and are available on the “Just for Members” site. Simply go to the site (see “How do I access the Just for Members section of the site” above) and click on "Attend an Event" and then "Events Archive" on the upper horizontal bar, then choose the appropriate event. Any handouts made available by the speakers at these sessions are also included as downloadable PDF files.
- ELI members may download most ELI research reports and may access the ELR Guidance & Policy Document Collection at no charge.
- ELI members will need a membership coupon number to purchase any ELI Press books which are now distributed through West Academic Publishing. As an additional benefit to ELI members, all volumes available from West/Thomson Reuters are eligible for your 15% member discount--but please contact email@example.com to receive the current membership coupon code to use during checkout at the West store.
10. My firm/company/organization has a job opening in the environmental field. How do I get notice of the vacancy listed in the weekly @ELI.org newsletter and on the Just for Members site?
We are happy to post vacancy announcements (at no charge) on the Employment Opportunities/Career Resources bulletin board and to advertise the availability via the weekly @ELI.org newsletter. We also encourage our members to submit any internship announcements or lower- to mid-level vacancies they may have in the environmental field. Please send the announcement's direct web link to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notice will run for 30 days or until the closing date on the announcement.
11. My firm/company/organization is sponsoring a conference/other event that I think would be of interest to ELI Associates. How do I get that notice of that event publicized to ELI members?
We encourage ELI Associates to send us information on events that may be of interest to ELI’s diverse membership. We do, however, reserve the right to determine whether or not to list a particular event. For examples of events recently posted, go to Workshops, Conferences & Seminars in the Bulletin Board section of the “Just for Members” homepage. Send notice of any events (and their direct web links) to email@example.com. Event notices will be posted in the weekly newsletter and on the site until the date of the event.
Our Membership Services Department is happy to help you with any general or specific membership questions. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.