The Environmental Law Institute is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are deductible to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Interested individuals may obtain a copy of the Environmental Law Institute's annual audited financial statement by contacting ELI at 1730 M Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 939-3800, or email@example.com.
ELI registers with agencies in many states. Some states will supply you with a copy of the ELI financial and registration information on file. Residents of the following states may contact the agencies listed below for information about ELI (toll-free telephone numbers are for use only within the respective state):
- COLORADO: The Environmental Law Institute's, the charitable organization, registration number: 20043004592; Colorado residents may obtain copies of registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State by calling (303) 894-2200 or at www.sos.state.co.us.
- FLORIDA: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Toll-free number - 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352); Website - https://www.fdacs.gov/Business-Services/Solicitation-of-Contributions
- GEORGIA: The following information will be sent upon request: (A) A full and fair description of the charitable program for which the solicitation campaign is being carried out and, if different, a full and fair description of the programs and activities of the charitable organization on whose behalf the solicitation is being carried out; (B) A financial statement or summary which shall be consistent with the financial statement required to be filed with the Secretary of State pursuant to Code Section 43-17-5
- MARYLAND: A copy of the current financial statement of the Environmental Law Institute is available by writing 1730 M St., NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036 or by calling (202) 939-3800. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available, for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis MD 21401, (410) 974-5534.
- MISSISSIPPI: The official registration and financial information of the Environmental Law Institute may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State's office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement by the Secretary of State.
- NEW JERSEY: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
- NEW YORK: A copy of the organization’s latest annual financial report may be obtained from the Environmental Law Institute by writing to 1730 M St. NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036 or calling (202) 939-3800. A copy may also be obtained from the New York Attorney General’s Charities Bureau's Website – www.charitiesnys.com or by calling (212) 416-8686.
- NORTH CAROLINA: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the State.
- PENNSYLVANIA: The official registration and financial information of the Environmental Law Institute may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State 18 by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- WASHINGTON: Financial and other information for the Environmental Law Institute is on file with the Washington Secretary of State’s office and can be obtained at 1-800-332-4483 or by going to www.sos.wa.gov/charities.
- WEST VIRGINIA: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, West Virginia 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- WISCONSIN: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue, and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.