NOTE: This series of briefings is available only to those who are ELI members by virtue of their organizations' support of the Institute. Please consult our list of institutional member firms/consulting groups, corporations, or NGOs to ascertain if you are eligible to join these sessions. For more information on becoming an institutional member of ELI so that you and your colleagues would receive routine access to these briefings, please contact Chandra Middleton.
Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our institutional members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- SCOTUS decision in EME Homer v. EPA
- WA Gov. Inslee's executive order setting up a task force to design a carbon trading market and other actions
- State developments related to distributed generation, including Oklahoma's new law
- New MD legislation on adapting to coastal flooding
- VA Gov. McAuliffe reactivating state climate change commission
- Release of the National Climate Assessment
- and more...
Kyle W. Danish, Partner, Van Ness Feldman, LLP
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School ; Director, Center for Climate Change Law
Gabriel Pacyniak, Associate, Georgetown University Climate Center, Georgetown University Law Center
Manik Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.