Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- TCI draft MOU announcement
- The Metro Kansas City Climate Action Coalition put together a guide that identifies actions across different sectors that governments in the region can take to act on climate change and reduce carbon pollution
- The FERC Order for PJM will have a big impact on state clean energy standards
- CT DOEE announced that Vineyard Wind was selected to provide 14% of the stat's electricity via offshore wind power by 2025--the largest purchase of renewable energy in the state's history
- CA unveils state's version of its own Green New Deal
- MA electric vehicle rebate program extended at least through Dec. 2021
- NY announces that its last coal-fired power plant could close as early as March 2020
- Bill up for consideration in NH would require educating students on climate change and resilience
- MD Gov. Hogan planning to submit expansion to Clean and Renewable Energy Standard on first day of new legislative session
- New proposed NEPA regulations and their climate implications
- New draft legislation developed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee
- The New York v. Exxon decision
James Bradbury, Mitigation Program Director, Georgetown Climate Center
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School; Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.