This event is open to the public but you must register.
- All times noted are EASTERN Time. The event will begin at 9:00 AM Eastern (8:00 AM Central, 7:00 AM Mountain, 6:00 AM Pacific); reception ends at 6:30 PM Eastern.
- There is no CLE for this course.
- To view a draft agenda and list of committee members, please visit the GreenTech website.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
*In-person tickets include all-day access to the conference and meals*
- Private Sector: $250
- Government/Public Interest/Nonprofit employees: $75
- Community-based Organizations: $15
- Students: See note below on student attendees.
- Online/Virtual: Free
*Online tickets provide access to live “one-way” video streams only. Q&A session participation and meals will not be available.*
LOCATION AND MEALS
- The 2023 GreenTech Conference will be held at the Georgetown University Law Center (600 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001) at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
- In-person space is limited; please register early before seats fill up.
- For in-person attendees, we will be offering a light complimentary breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon, and coffee and other beverages throughout each day. There will also be a networking reception with complimentary food and beverages at the end of the conference.
- Register to attend IN PERSON.
- Registrants will attend at the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, DC (600 New Jersey Ave NW).
- Capacity is limited, so register early to confirm your seat.
- Registration will close on NOVEMBER 1 or when capacity is reached, whichever comes first.
- Register to attend via LIVE WEBINAR.
- Webinar information will be emailed prior to the event date.
- Please register by NOVEMBER 1. Registration will close after that date.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION FEES
Please read carefully before submitting your registration.
- To Cancel: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund: Cancel on or before November 1, 2023.
- No Refund: You will receive no refund if you cancel after November 1, 2023.
We have a limited number of in-person tickets available for students. Interested students should fill out this form; Georgetown Climate Center staff will follow up with you with details regarding student participation.
ELI is committed to providing educational opportunities at an affordable price. Conference registrants who are unable to afford ticket fees may submit an application letter (deadline October 25th, 2023) for a fee reduction to email@example.com. ELI grants fee reductions on a discretionary, case-by-case basis.
An ELI GreenTech Conference hosted by The Environmental Law Institute and Georgetown University
The Inflation Reduction Act included $369 billion to tackle climate change, offering an unprecedented chance to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy. But reaching net zero will require innovative legal and policy frameworks to guide such an economic and societal transformation. In other words, realizing the promise of the IRA will require new approaches, new levels of collaboration, and a forward-looking, equity-focused vision of what a lower carbon future could be. On November 8, the Environmental Law Institute, the Georgetown Climate Center, and the Georgetown Environmental Law and Policy Program will advance those conversations at a day-long conference focused on Implementing the IRA and Accelerating the Energy Transition: Legal and Policy Challenges on the Road to Net Zero.
This gathering will bring together leading thinkers from government, the private sector, NGOs, and academia to identify the opportunities – and grapple with the challenges – associated with developing the IRA’s potential to accelerate a green transition.
Keynote addresses, plenary sessions, and three sector-specific breakout tracks will convene experts across the fields of policy, law, energy, and industry to delve into specific IRA focus areas including low-carbon electricity and transportation, carbon management, and environmental justice. Each session is designed to bring together diverse viewpoints, encourage hard-hitting questions and catalyze substantive, action-oriented conversations.
Curious about the agenda and the key participants for the event? View a draft agenda and list of committee members on the GreenTech website. This conference promises to be a pioneering event on the roadmap to effective implementation of the IRA, and we can't wait to see you there!