Sponsored by the Environmental Law Institute and Vanderbilt University Law School
Co-sponsored by: D.C. Bar Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Community and Women's Council on Energy and the Environment
Please join us on March 31, 2023 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (in-person and Zoom) for the 2023 Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review (ELPAR) Washington DC Conference. Each year, Vanderbilt Law School and the Environmental Law Institute identify innovative environmental law and policy proposals in the academic literature. Leading professors, policymakers, and practitioners were invited to discuss the proposals selected this year.
We will be discussing the following articles:
- U.S. Climate Adaptation Policy: J.B. Ruhl and Robin Kundis Craig, 4°C, 106 MINN. L. REV. 191;
- Bias in Algorithmic Decision Making Tools: Sonya Ziaja, How Algorithm-Assisted Decision Making is Influencing Environmental Law and Climate Adaptation, 48 ECOLOGY L.Q. 899; and
- ESG Mutual Fund Performance: Quinn Curtis, Jill Fisch, and Adriana Robertson, Do ESG Mutual Funds Deliver on Their Promises?, 120 MICH. L. REV. 393.
- Keith Benes, Senior Fellow, U.S. Department of Energy (Algorithm-Assisted Decision Making)
- Mohit Chhabra, Senior Scientist, Climate & Clean Energy Program, Natural Resources Defense Council (Algorithm-Assisted Decision Making)
- Carlos Evans, Director of the Office of Environmental Quality and Sustainability, City of Dallas (4°C)
- Kathryn Geoffroy, Associate, Arnold & Porter (ESG Mutual Funds)
- Debra Gore-Mann, President and CEO, The Greenlining Institute (Algorithm-Assisted Decision Making)
- Stephen Hall, Legal Director and Securities Specialist, Better Markets (ESG Mutual Funds)
- Anne Kelly, Vice President, Government Relations, Ceres (ESG Mutual Funds)
- Joel Scheraga, Senior Advisor for Climate Change Adaptation, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (4°C)
- Rod Schoonover, Founder and CEO, Ecological Futures Group (4°C)
- Hana Vizcarra, Senior Attorney, Earthjustice (4°C)
For questions about the conference, please contact Tori Rickman at email@example.com.
For more information about ELPAR, please visit: www.eli.org/environmental-law-and-policy-annual-review