This event is free and open to the public but you must register. Note: there is no in-person availability for this event.
- Please REGISTER HERE by JANUARY 4.
- Webinar information will be emailed one business day prior to the event. If you are unsure if you can access the webinar via the Zoom platform, please check your system requirements. If you are unable to participate via the Zoom platform, you may join in listen-only mode using a telephone.
- All times noted are EASTERN Time. The webinar will begin at 1:00 PM Eastern, 12:00 PM Central, 11:00 AM Mountain, and 10:00 AM Pacific.
- There is no CLE for this course.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.
An ELI Public Workshop
Participatory science groups can be valuable partners in the collection and/or interpretation of wetland data. Remote sensing provides new opportunities but may require additional time, funds, and skillsets many programs do not have. To promote creative collaboration between participatory science groups and wetlands programs, the Environmental Law Institute presents Bridging Remote Sensing, Participatory Science, and Wetlands Programs. This workshop will focus on how the strategic integration of remote sensing and participatory science has the potential to support state, tribal, and local wetland programs while also allowing volunteers the flexibility to help from their backyards or a computer across the world. Speakers will cover practical topics such as:
- Emerging technologies at the intersection of remote sensing, wetlands, and participatory science
- Benefits and challenges of using participatory science and remote sensing to contribute to wetland programs, such as monitoring, enforcement, and education
- Best practices for collecting, assembling, and incorporating remote sensing/participatory science data into programming
To Be Announced
Materials will be posted as they are received.
ELI members will have access to materials/a recording of this session (usually posted within 2 business days). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, please see the many benefits of membership and how to join.