This conference is co-sponsored by ALI CLE and the Environmental Law Institute.
Why You Should Attend
More than just an update on current developments, this singular course brings together cutting-edge issues in water law and examines them in high-level, integrated discussions.
A top-flight faculty – representing the regulators, industry, and environmental advocates – provide in-depth legal analyses, policy perspectives, and insights on the challenges environmental attorneys and related professionals in water law are facing today.
Join us for two half-day webcasts and get up-to-date on recent programmatic, litigation, and regulatory developments affecting the protection of the nation’s waterways and wetlands, as well as the larger, emerging issues that will strongly influence water law and practice in the years to come.
What You Will Learn
The program updates experienced environmental attorneys and related professionals and provides general practitioners with a durable framework for understanding the Clean Water Act (CWA) and counseling clients in this complex, evolving area. Anticipated topics include:
- Waters of the United States (WOTUS) and the Navigable Waters Protection Rule – Where are we now?
- The Supreme Court decision in County of Maui v. Hawai'i Wildlife Fund and the future of the CWA
- Environmental regulation post-election
- Practical implications of the CWA Section 401 water quality certification rule
- CWA Section 404 nationwide permits and current pipeline litigation
- Environmental justice in an era of pandemics, racial and socio-economic disparities, and community engagement
Register today! In an election year and with many pivotal cases making their way through the courts, don’t miss this opportunity to invest in yourself and your practice.
Who Should Attend
Environmental lawyers and other related professionals who need to stay current on Clean Water Act developments will benefit from attending.
Schedule, Faculty, CLE & More
Please visit the event page for the latest information.