Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly webinars with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions. Though they were previously conference calls, our Monthly Climate Change Briefings will now take place on Zoom.
Topics to be addressed in this month's call:
- Details of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- Status of the permitting legislation which was promised to Sen. Manchin in return for his support of the IRA
- Some IRA provisions that could directly impact state regulation
- California's new ZEV standard & most recent legislation
- Massachusetts' new legislation
- Climate change updates from the corporate perspective
- Potential government requirements on energy curtailment in Europe
- Louisiana v. Biden -- concerning Biden administration's pause on new oil and gas leases on public lands and in offshore waters
- Western Energy Alliance v. Biden -- Concerning pause on oil and gas leasing on public lands
- City of Hoboken v. chevron; Delaware v. BP -- Affirming remand orders in climate change cases
- Citizens for Clean Energy v. Department of the Interior -- Concerning actions by former Interior Secretary Zinke terminating NEPA review of moratorium on coal leasing
- Western Organization of Resource Councils v. BLM -- Concerning NEPA review of coal leasing in Montana and Wyoming
- Ziadeh v. Pennsylvania Legislative Reference Bureau -- Challenge to Pennsylvania's participation in RGGI
- NECEC Transmission v. Bureau of Parks & Lands -- Challenge to Maine voter referendum that halted construction of transmission line to carry power from Hydro Quebec
Edan Dionne, Vice President, Environmental, Energy & Chemical Management Programs, IBM
Daniel Farber, Sho Sato Professor of Law and Faculty Director, Center for Law, Energy, & the Environment, University of California, Berkeley
Michael Gerrard, Founder and Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law and Andrew Sabin Professor of Professional Practice, Columbia Law School
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted within 2 business days). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, please see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: The event recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.