Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- Overview and highlights of the recent UN General Assembly's climate activities
Recent announcement by the Transportation & Climate Initiative (TCI) states on program development progress
- CA Governor Newsom directs $700B pension funds toward climate goals
- The Baker-Polito administration launched a Resilient MA Action Team to coordinate across agencies in implementing Massachusetts' State Hazard Mitigation and Climate Adaptation Plan
- NC was supposed to have finalized their ZEV Plan, Motor Fleet ZEV Plan, Clean Energy Plan, and Clean Energy and Clean Transportation Workforce Assessments
- NM & MN announced that they would be joining other 17 states in adopting CA clean car standards and ZEV mandates
- Discussion of new developments in the cases against fossil fuel companies brought by Baltimore; Boulder County, Colorado; and the State of Rhode Island
- New developments in the California/Trump battle and some new Hill activities
James Bradbury, Mitigation Program Director, Climate Center, Georgetown University
Sally Fisk, Assistant General Counsel-Compliance Division, Pfizer
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School; Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.