Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- City & County of Honolulu v. Sunoco -- federal district court's remand of case to state court
- Juliana v. US -- Ninth Circuit's denial of en banc petition
- Aji P. v. State -- Dismissal of youth lawsuit against State of Washington
- Sovereign Inupiat for a Living Arctic v. Bureau of Land Management -- Continuation of temporary injunction on construction activities at National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska
- Minnesota Auto Dealers Association v. Minnesota -- Dismissal of lawsuit seeking to block state from regulating GHG emissions from motor vehicles
- Jacob v. Bloom Energy -- Shareholder lawsuit concerning clean energy claims
- Interim Social Cost of Carbon
- New climate legislation introduced in the House
- The policy debate around vehicle emission standards
James Bradbury, Mitigation Program Director, Georgetown Climate Center, Georgetown University Law Center
Michael Gerrard, Founder and Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law and Andrew Sabin Professor of Professional Practice, Columbia Law School
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.