Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- Clean Air Council v. US (ED PA): Dismissing claim that Trump administration's climate change rollbacks were unconstitutional
- WildEarth Guardians v. Zinke (D. Mont.): Finding the Office of Surface Mining should have performed social cost of carbon analysis for expansion of coal mine
- Gloucester Resources Ltd. v. Minister for Planning (NSW Land & Env't Court): Australian decision denying approval for coal mine, largely on grounds of the GHG emissions from the coal it produces
- Termination of talks between EPA and California on the light-duty vehicle standards
- Recent Congressional developments
- Trump Administration ends talks with California over vehicle efficiency and GHG standards
- More states join US Climate Alliance
- Multi-state coalitions of state AGs fighting against 6 Trump administration rollbacks (NYU special report and related press conference with state AGs)
- Trump Admin seeks to rescind federal funding for California high speed rail
- Alaska Governor Dunleavy issued an administrative order disbanding the state's Climate Action for Alaska Leadership Team
James Bradbury, Mitigation Program Director, Climate Center, Georgetown University
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School; Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.