Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics to be addressed in this month's call:
- Virginia Governor issues executive order instructing the Department of Natural Resources to convene a working group to identify steps to reduce carbon emissions
- Pennsylvania Governor signs legislation to provide legislature more time to review Clean Power Plan compliance
- The District of Columbia Council approves an RPS of 50% by 2032
- New Hampshire passes new laws on adaptation and issues an executive order on lead by example
- USDA and USBR announce new funding for building drought-resistant water supplies and improving water use on farms
- EPA's Clean Energy Incentive Program
- Decisions in Sierra Club v. FERC, upholding FERC's NEPA review of LNG terminals
- North Dakota v. Heydinger, striking down Minnesota's Next Generation Energy Act
- Withdrawal of Virgin Islands AG's subpoena to Exxon
- Texas Supreme Court rejecting takings theory for municipal liability for flooding
- TransCanada request for arbitration under NAFTA concerning rejection of Keystone XL Pipeline
- Quick briefing on the several pending appropriations and authorizing bills pertaining to energy and climate
- Democratic platform on energy and climate
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School; Director, Center for Climate Change Law
Gabriel Pacyniak, Climate Change Mitigation Program Manager, Georgetown University Climate Center
Manik Roy, formerly with the ClimateWorks Foundation
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
If you are an ELI member and are logged onto the Member site, you will see a link below to the recording of this event. If you are not an ELI member but would like to have continuing access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.