A special service for ELI institutional members, this monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month’s event were:
Vicki Arroyo, Executive Direcctor, Georgetown University Climate Center
Kyle W. Danish, Partner, Van Ness Feldman, P.C.
Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
Manik Roy, Director of Congressional Affairs for the Pew Center on Global Climate Change
The topics discussed during the January 10, 2011 call included:
- Environment committee leadership changes
- Changes in state leadership and new regulations in NM and CA
- Transportation and Climate Initiative and RGGI review
- Update on litigation attempting to stay EPA's GHG rules
- Recent EPA developments, including start of PSD permitting and proposed GHG NSPS for power plants and refineries