Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- Supreme Court's denial of cert in the Michael Mann case
- The latest with NY v. Exxon
- DC Circuit decision on challenge to small refinery exemption
- Colorado federal court enjoining coal mining plan during analysis of methane flaring alternative
- This year's BSR-GlobeScan State of Sustainable Business Report
- Recent CERES report on corporate boards and ESG risks
- The state of play in the House
- State petition for rehearing of the EPA waiver denial
- Recent report on 2019 global emission trends
- Announcements from subnational leaders during the current COP which states/locals are participating
- Updates on some recent executive orders in a number of states, mostly focusing on resilience to impacts
Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Climate Center, Georgetown University
Sally Fisk, Assistant General Counsel-Compliance Division, Pfizer
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School; Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
Robert Sussman, Principal, Sussman & Associates
ELI members logged on to the Members site will have access to a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.