This event is open to the public but you must register (there is a $50 fee for those who are not members of ELI; Press/Full-Time Students, $0). Note: there is no in-person availability for this event.
- Please REGISTER HERE by JANUARY 25. If you are unsure if you are an ELI member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to registering (or go HERE to join before registering).
- Webinar information will be emailed one business day prior to the event. If you are unsure if you can access the webinar via the GoToMeeting platform, please go HERE to view system requirements prior to registering.
- Go HERE to view ELI's event refund policies.
- All times noted are EASTERN Time. The webinar will begin at 12 noon Eastern, 11 AM Central, 10 AM Mountain, 9 AM Pacific.
- There is no CLE for this course.
An ELI Member Webinar
In November 2021, President Biden signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, which provides $1.2 trillion to infrastructure projects and includes $550 billion to the transportation sector.
This investment includes $110 billion into roads, bridges, and other major projects, as well as $66 billion into freight and passenger rails, and $39 billion to public transit systems. With this public investment and ongoing innovation including electric vehicles, low carbon alternative fuels in both ground vehicles and aviation, the transportation sector is headed towards a massive overhaul and appears to be on a greener path.
Join ELI and expert panelists for an in-depth exploration of where the transportation sector is headed in the coming years, including the opportunities and challenges on its way reduce its environmental impact.
Shailesh Sahay, Counsel, Foley Hoag LLP, Moderator
Doug Berven, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, POET Inc
Amelia DeLuca, Vice President, Sustainability, Delta Air Lines
Yesenia Villasenor, Associate General Counsel, Environmental, Health, and Safety, Tesla Inc
ELI members will have subsequent access to any materials/a recording of this session (usually posted w/in 48 hours). If you are not an ELI member but would like to have access to archived sessions like this one, go HERE to see the many benefits of membership and how to join.