Vanderbilt University Law School
and The Environmental Law Institute
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI) and Vanderbilt University Law School convened a special conference on innovative ideas from the academic literature on climate change law and policy.
The articles and comments discussed at the conference will be published this summer in the Environmental Law & Policy Annual Review (ELPAR), a joint publication of ELI and Vanderbilt University Law School. ELPAR presents and discusses the best ideas on environmental law and policy from the academic literature each year.
The 2017 ELPAR DC conference was also broadcasted as a webinar.
This year's featured articles and speakers included:
- James W. Coleman (author), Assistant Professor of Law, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Matt Banks, Manager, Climate & Business, World Wildlife Fund
- Alan Horowitz, former Vice President, Global Safety, Health, Environment, Sustainability & Operations Compliance, AstraZeneca
- Jeffrey A. Smith, Co-Director of Fordham Law School Sustainability Initiative and retired partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Brian J. Wong, Senior Counsel, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- J. Peter Byrne (co-author), Faculty Director, Georgetown Environmental Law and Policy Institute, and John Hampton Baumgartner, Jr. Professor of Real Property Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Kathryn A. Zyla (co-author), Deputy Director, Georgetown Climate Center
- Christopher V. Carlyle, Attorney, The Carlyle Appellate Law Firm
- Adam Freed, Principal, Bloomberg Associates
- Gwen Wright, Planning Director, Montgomery County Planning Department
- Eloise Pasachoff (author), Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center (via video)
- Rosario Palmieri, Vice President for Labor, Legal, and Regulatory Policy, National Association of Manufacturers
- Russell Shay, Director of Public Policy, Land Trust Alliance
- Ali Zaidi, Precourt Energy Fellow, Stanford University; Senior Advisor, Morrison & Foerster LLP; former Associate Director for Natural Resources, Energy, and Science, White House Office of Management and Budget (2014-2017)