For the latest details on agenda, faculty, and more, please visit the event website for updates.
- Sessions will run 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time on Thursday 2/22 and Friday 2/23.
- ELI members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a coupon code for a $250 discount on the 2-day webcast or in person registration (discount only available on full 2-day registration and not valid in combination with any other offers, discounts, or scholarships).
- Go to the event site to find information on CLE or group registration savings.
- Scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations or legal services organizations, unemployed attorneys and attorneys in private practice who seek to learn skills that will assist them in pro bono activities or are in need. You must complete the online application to apply for assistance--pay particular note to deadlines for applications.
- Attorneys licensed for five years or less, or who are full-time employees of federal, state, or local governments qualify for an automatic tuition reduction of 25%. A limited number of full scholarships are available for these attorneys, but an application is required.
- Questions may be addressed to ALI customer service at 800-253-6397 or email@example.com.
This conference is co-sponsored by ALI CLE and the Environmental Law Institute.
Why You Should Attend
Nearly five-and-a-half decades ago – just after the first national environmental law was passed – ALI CLE and ELI began offering the first national CLE on the subject. Now in our 54th year, we are still at it: helping lawyers understand the key current environmental law issues that their clients need them to know.
Join us in 2024 to stay at the forefront of the latest developments in each area of our natural environment (air, water, land, and species), climate, chemical, and environmental justice; and what’s happening at the EPA and other federal agencies, in Congress, the courts, and heading into another presidential election. Our national faculty will keep you current and alert you to changes in the many facets of environmental law affecting your practice and your clients as well as what the future may hold.
Join us in 2024 – in person or on the web – and start the year off with the best investment you could make in yourself and your practice!
What You Will Learn
Expand your comprehensive understanding and be on alert for the changes underway today and in the future. Even if your practice is specialized, this high-level program will brief you on the key developments arising in each of the major areas of environmental law and their intersections.
A faculty of seasoned private practitioners, senior governmental officials, law professors, and public interest advocates will provide balanced perspectives on the most pressing issues facing today’s environmental lawyer. We are excited to kick off the conference by bringing back DOJ Assistant Attorney General Todd Kim and EPA Assistant Administrator David Uhlmann who will provide a joint keynote panel on federal environmental enforcement in 2024.
Other topics for 2024 include:
- EPA’s National Enforcement and Compliance Initiatives for 2024-2027
- Legal challenges facing companies relating to PFAS
- Latest developments regarding air quality standards and new air pollution rules
- Implementation of the Sackett and Maui decisions
- Update on NEPA reforms and environmental justice requirements
- Climate change litigation in state and federal courts
- ESG and environmental disclosure developments
- Top trends with respect to the endangered species act and public lands
Bonus: Register for the live webcast and get the complete on-demand program and materials for free to view at your convenience. (Note: On-demand viewing by live webcast registrant after the program will not qualify for CLE credit.)
Register today! Don’t miss this opportunity to invest in yourself and your practice.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit private and governmental attorneys who are engaged in the practice of environmental law as well as environmental consultants, in-house and corporate attorneys, public interest attorneys, and academics.
Schedule, Faculty, CLE & More
Please visit the event page for the latest information.