Each summer, ELI convenes a complimentary seminar series that offers an introduction to the legal and policy foundations of environmental protection in the United States.
ELI's Summer School is a series of brown-bag lunch seminars taught by experts in their fields, introducing the audience to the major environmental statutes (including NEPA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, TSCA, RCRA, and CERCLA) and land use law. Faculty will also incorporate major regulatory and judicial updates to the laws.
Who will benefit: All are welcome. Students and emerging professionals will have unique opportunities to learn, hear updates, ask questions, and network. The series is intended for:
- law students and graduate students, and
- working professionals new to or looking for a refresher course in environmental law (such as interns, summer clerks, and associates, or second-career professionals)
This series is free, but please register for the individual sessions below so that we can plan accordingly! In-person registration is limited; a webinar option is also available.
All events are held 12-2 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing/listening (usually within 48 hours) at the individual event links below.
There is no CLE available for this series. Questions?: email@example.com
The 2016 Summer School series includes: (click on individual links to register and/or to access any available recordings/presentations of past sessions)
- June 8, 2016: An Introduction to Careers in Environmental Law and Policy (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- June 16, 2016: NEPA, ESA & Fundamentals of Environmental Law (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- June 23, 2016: Basics of Land Use Law (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- June 30, 2016: Basics of the Clean Water Act (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- July 7, 2016: Basics of the Clean Air Act (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- July 21, 2016: Hazardous Waste and Sites (ELI Summer School, 2016)
- July 28, 2016: Law & Policy of Products Regulation (ELI Summer School, 2016)