For the latest details on agenda, faculty, and more, please visit the event website for updates.
- ELI members should contact email@example.com for a coupon code for a $250 discount on registration (discount not valid in combination with any other offers/discounts, such as groups or government rates).
- Go to the event site to find information on CLE or group registration savings.
- This course will take place from roughly 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on April 13 and 14.
- Scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations or legal services organizations, unemployed attorneys and attorneys in private practice who seek to learn skills that will assist them in pro bono activities or are in need. You must complete the online application to apply for assistance--pay particular note to deadlines for applications.
- Attorneys licensed for five years or less, or who are full-time employees of federal, state, or local governments qualify for an automatic tuition reduction of 25%. A limited number of full scholarships are available for these attorneys, but an application is required.
- PRESS requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions may be addressed to ALI customer service at 800-253-6397 or email@example.com.
This conference is co-sponsored by ALI CLE and the Environmental Law Institute.
Why You Should Attend
More than just an update on current developments, this singular course brings together cutting-edge issues in water law and examines them in high-level, integrated discussions.
A top-flight faculty – including private practitioners, public interest advocates, and senior public officials from federal and state/local regulators and enforcement agencies – provide in-depth legal analyses, policy perspectives, and insights on the challenges environmental attorneys and related professionals in water law are facing today.
Join us – in person or online – to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Clean Water Act. We'll explore both our successes and failures under this landmark water protection legislation, and what the future may hold.
What You Will Learn
The program updates experienced environmental attorneys and related professionals and provides general practitioners with a durable framework for understanding the law and counseling clients in this complex, evolving area. Topics are currently in development but are expected to address:
- 401 certification
- WOTUS, Sackett v. EPA, and rule making
- CWA enforcement
- Environmental justice
- PFAS and emerging contaminants
- Climate change
Register today to join us in D.C. for this unique program! With a collegial learning environment and a host of opportunities to network and interact with like-minded professionals from across the country, you will come away informed and connected.
Who Should Attend
Environmental lawyers and other related professionals who need to stay current on Clean Water Act developments will benefit from attending.
Schedule, Faculty, CLE & More
Please visit the event page for the latest information.