Journal of Energy and Environmental Law
The Environmental Law Institute and George Washington University Law School are pleased to introduce the new Journal of Energy and Environmental Law. The Journal will be managed by GWU Law School and published twice each year as a supplement to ELI’s Environmental Law Reporter (ELR®) News & Analysis. The summer edition was released in July 2010, with the subsequent edition to appear in January 2011.
Annual subscription rate — $30. For more information please contact email@example.com or call 800-433-5120.
As its name implies, the Journal will focus on both energy-related and environment-related legal and policy issues and their intersections. We are particularly interested in articles addressing international treaties, legislative initiatives in other countries, U.S. federal and state legislation, and case law developments dealing with issues such as:
- energy generation and distribution with a special focus on renewable and distributed sources;
- facility siting, including transmission infrastructure;
- mechanisms for enhancing energy efficiency in all use sectors;
- public benefit funds, net metering requirements, renewable portfolio standards and other forms of utility regulation;
- implementation of a “smart grid;”
- climate change and carbon sequestration;
- air and water pollution issues related to energy generation;
- water use and water conservation related to energy production;
- land use questions;
- assessment of the environmental impacts of energy production and energy-intensive activities; and
- resource extraction.
The new Journal will provide a unique opportunity to reach both traditional law review audiences and the subscriber base of ELR® News & Analysis. Because the Journal will be distributed both to ELR subscribers and to law schools, libraries, and government agencies, it will provide a unique opportunity to engage both scholars and practitioners in examining the law and public policies related to sustainable energy production and use in the coming decades.
GW is now accepting proposals for the Journal. Draft articles or inquiries related to the Journal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Lee Paddock, Associate Dean for Environmental Law Studies, at email@example.com.