The In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Training Webinar Series was designed to help states, tribes, and local governments; conservation organizations; and other interested groups develop or refine rigorous in-lieu-fee programs that yield ecologically effective and sustainable compensatory mitigation. The series of webinars focuses on specific subjects, providing in-depth technical support on the topics of most interest to participants. The topics were chosen with the assistance of an Advisory Committee based on an assessment of the needs of states, tribes, and local governments and conservation organizations seeking approval for or overseeing the approval of statewide or regional in-lieu fee programs.
Standard Operating Procedures and Mitigation Plan Development
Following approval of the ILF program instrument, many ILF programs may consider working with state and federal agencies to develop standard operating procedures to guide day-to-day implementation of the program, including project approval and development of mitigation plans. For this webinar, Bettina Sullivan (Virginia Department of Environmental Quality) and Patti Grace-Jarrett (US Army Corps of Engineers Louisville District) discussed the standard operating procedures created by their programs for various facets of the mitigation process. Greg Melia (North Carolina Ecosystem Enhancement Program) and Mike Moxey (US Army Corps of Engineers Mobile District) talked about mitigation plan development, including developing performance standards.
- Bettina Sullivan, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Patti Grace-Jarrett, US Army Corps of Engineers Louisville District
- Greg Melia, North Carolina Ecosystem Enhancement Program
- Mike Moxey, US Army Corps of Engineers Mobile District
- Bettina Sullivan's PowerPoint Presentation
- Patti Grace-Jarrett's PowerPoint Presentation
- Mike Moxey's PowerPoint Presentation
- Greg Melia's PowerPoint Presentation
- Louisville District Letter of Permission: Notice, Implementation Process, and Preservation Project Approval
- Standard Operating Procedures for the Virginia Aquatic Resources Trust Fund
- Virginia Aquatic Resources Trust Fund Mitigation Site Do's and Don'ts and Offsite Mitigation Guidelines
Webinar recording of event.