Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access the Just for Members section of the site?
- I've forgotten my Username/Password. How do I get help?
- I want to find out if someone is a member. How do I do that?
- How do I renew my membership?
- I don’t remember if I renewed my membership. How can I find out when my membership expires?
- I’d like to get information on joining the ELI Associate Program for a colleague. What information is available and how do I request it?
- My email and/or mailing address has changed. Whom do I notify?
- I was unable to attend a particular Associate seminar of interest. How can I get copies of any handouts or a transcript of the discussion?
- How do I take advantage of my Associate discount on ELI publications?
- My firm/company/organization has a job opening in the environmental field. How do I get notice of the vacancy listed in the weekly @ELI.org newsletter and on the Just for Members site?
- My firm/company/organization is sponsoring a conference/other event that I think would be of interest to ELI Associates. How do I get that notice of that event publicized to ELI members?
- Whom should I contact with any membership questions not listed above?
You may access the site in one of three ways:
- Go to www.eli.org, click on “For Members” on the left-hand navigation bar. Then enter your Username/Password and click “Log In.” You may then click on any of the links provided under the various categories and you will have instant access to the information.
- Go directly to the Just For Members page, enter your Username/Password, click “SUBMIT.” You will then have access to the site.
- Click on "Members" in the right-hand corner (in small print, under "ATTEND" on the top row).
We cannot access the username or password that you used when setting up your membership account. Contact Marcia McMurrin at email@example.com for a temporary login in order to reset your account information.
Follow the instructions above to access Just for Associates. Once there, click on ELI Associates Directory. Then you can enter as little or as much information as you want to locate an individual or firm/company.
Just click on "For Members" at www.eli.org and then click "Renew Your Membership." You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. # 202/939-3851) to pay by credit card over the telephone, or to be re-invoiced.
Contact Marcia McMurrin at email@example.com. She will be happy to provide you with the expiration date for your membership.
6. I’d like to get information on joining the ELI Associate Program for a colleague. What information is available and how do I request it?
You may simply send them this link which will provide them with an outline of individual benefits.
It is important to keep your mailing and email addresses current in our membership records. This information is reflected in your listing in the ELI Associates Directory and is used to mail issues of The Environmental Forum and @ELI.org. Send any mailing or email address changes to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will post them immediately.
8. I was unable to attend a particular Associate seminar of interest. How can I get copies of any handouts or a transcript of the discussion?
Most of our noon-time seminars held in Washington, DC are made part of a downloadable audio archive and are posted on the “Just for Members” site. Simply go to the site (see “How do I access the Just for Members section of the site” above) and click on "Events" on the upper horizontal green bar, then choose the appropriate archive year. Any handouts made available by the speakers at these sessions are also included as downloadable PDF files.
- ELI members may download most ELI research reports and may access the ELR Guidance & Policy Document Collection at no charge.
- ELI members will need a membership coupon number to purchase any ELI Press books which are now distributed through West Academic Publishing. Any volumes listed here are available from West/Thomson Reuters and are eligible for your 15% member discount--but please contact email@example.com to receive the current membership coupon code to use during checkout at the West store.
10. My firm/company/organization has a job opening in the environmental field. How do I get notice of the vacancy listed in the weekly @ELI.org newsletter and on the Just for Members site?
We are happy to post vacancy announcements on the Employment Opportunities/Career Resources page and to advertise the availability via the weekly @ELI.org newsletter. We also encourage our members to submit any internship announcements or lower-/mid-level vacancies they may have in the environmental field. Please send the announcement's direct web link to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notice will run for 30 days or until the closing date on the announcement.
11. My firm/company/organization is sponsoring a conference/other event that I think would be of interest to ELI Associates. How do I get that notice of that event publicized to ELI members?
We encourage ELI Associates to send us information on events that may be of interest to ELI’s diverse membership. We do, however, reserve the right to determine whether or not to list a particular event. For examples of events recently posted, go to Special Events in the Bulletin Board section of the “Just for Members” Homepage. Send notice of any events to email@example.com. Event notices will be posted in the newsletter and on the site until the date of the event.
Marcia McMurrin of our Membership Services department is happy to help you with any general or specific membership questions. You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 202/939-3851.