2012-2013 Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review Conference
Washington, DC Conference
Pictures from the conference are available here.
WHEN: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm, March 22, 2013
WHERE: Russell Senate Office Building Room 385 (SR-385), Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
Critical Habitat and the Challenge of Regulating Small Harms
- Dave Owen, Associate Professor of Law, University of Maine School of Law
- David Hayes, Deputy Secretary, Department of Interior
- Michael Senatore, Vice President, Conservation Law, Defenders of Wildlife
- Andrew Turner, Counsel, Hunton & Williams LLP
You can find a copy of Professor Owen's PowerPoint presentation available here.
The Limits of Liability in Promoting Safe Geologic Sequestration of CO2
- David E. Adelman, Harry Reasoner Regents Chair in Law, The University of Texas School of Law
- Ian J. Duncan, Associate Director and Research Scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin
- Priya Aiyar, Deputy General Counsel for Environment and Nuclear Programs, Department of Energy
- Scott Anderson (co-commenter), Senior Policy Advisor, Environmental Defense Fund and Fred Eames (co-commenter), Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Ray Ludwiszewski (co-commenter), Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP and Karyn Marsh (co-commenter), Staff Attorney, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- John Pendergrass, Director, Center for State, Local, and Regional Environmental Programs, Environmental Law Institute
You can find a copy of Fred Eames's PowerPoint presentation available here.
A Federal Act to Promote Integrated Water Management: Is the CZMA a Useful Model?
- Barton H. "Buzz" Thompson, Jr. (via video conference), Robert E. Paradise Professor of Natural Resources Law, Stanford Law School and Perry L. McCarty Director, Woods Institute for the Environment
- Brad Campbell, Former Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection; Founder, Bradley M. Campbell LLC
- Michael Connor, Commissioner, Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Interior
- Adam Schempp, Director, Western Water Program, Environmental Law Institute
Vanderbilt University Law School Conference
WHEN: February 18, 2013, 12:00 pm CST
WHERE: Flynn Auditorium, Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, TN
The Problem of Environmental Monitoring
- Eric Biber, Professor of Law, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Anne Davis, Managing Attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Shari Meghreblian, Deputy Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Kevin Warkentin, Corporate Environmental Director, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
For more information on previous conferences, please see our Past Events page.