December 13, 2005
Superfund Enforcement at 25:
Learning from the Past & Looking to the Future
Presented by the Environmental Law Institute
and the US Environmental Protection Agency
On December 13, 2005, the Environmental Law Institute and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency hosted an event commemorating the 25th anniversary of the enactment of Superfund.
• Granta Nakayama, Assistant Administrator, Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, U.S. EPA
• Sue Ellen Wooldridge, Assistant Attorney General for Environment and Natural Resources, U.S. Department of Justice
History of Superfund Enforcement Program
• Susan Bromm, Director, Office of Site Remediation Enforcement (OSRE), OECA, U.S. EPA
Panel One: Lessons from Love Canal
• Bruce Gelber, Chief, Environmental Enforcement Section, U.S. Department of Justice
• Dr. Richard T. Dewling, President, Dewling Associates, Inc.
• Eugene J. Leff, Assistant Attorney General, New York State
• Anthony L. Young, Partner, Kleinfeld, Kaplan & Becker
Panel Two: Future Challenges for the Superfund Enforcement Program
• Jonathan Z. Cannon, Professor, University of Virginia School of Law
• John R. Quarles, Senior Counsel, Morgan Lewis LLP
• Kate Probst, Senior Fellow, Resources for the Future
• Velma Smith, Senior Policy Analyst, National Environmental Trust
• Lois Schiffer, General Counsel, National Capital Planning Commission
• Leslie Carothers, President, Environmental Law Institute
ELI gratefully acknowledges the support of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham, LLP, and Morgan Lewis LLP in making refreshments and the reception possible.