ELI Legacy Society
Members of the ELI Legacy Society have indicated the Environmental Law Institute as a beneficiary in their will, trust or other estate planning documents. By taking this important step, Legacy Society members help to carry out ELI’s vision of a healthy environment, prosperous economies, and vibrant communities founded on the rule of law.
You may join the ELI Legacy Society by doing one or more of the following:
- Including ELI in your will, living trust or testamentary trust.
- Naming ELI as a beneficiary of an insurance policy or retirement plan.
- Making a gift to ELI through a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust or pooled income fund contribution—all of which provide income for the life for you (and then your spouse or significant other, if you so desire) or beneficiaries named by you.
- Transferring readily marketable real estate, such as a vacation home, commercial building or acreage to ELI.*
- Gifting assets to a charitable lead trust to provide income to ELI for a number of years before passing them back to you or your named beneficiary or beneficiaries.
For information on how to benefit the Environmental Law Institute in your estate plans, please complete this form and return it to the ELI Development Office or call (202) 939-3839. For suggested bequest language, click here.
* ELI reserves the right to inspect all such property prior to its acceptance.