September 10, 2012
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month's event were:
- Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
- Kyle Danish, Van Ness Feldman PC
- Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Nikki Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
The topics discussed during the call included:
- New fuel economy standards
- California "test run" of a carbon trading system
- How the climate change issue was address by Republic and Democratic conventions/platforms
- Discussion of the DC Circuit decision on the cross-state air pollution rule
- Recent decisions in cases brought by Texas
Members click here to access the event recording.
This ELI Associate Seminar was made possible by the generous support of our members.