January 9, 2012
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month's event were:
- Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
- Kyle Danish, Van Ness Feldman, PC
- Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Nikki Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
The topics discussed during the call included:
- Recent decision striking down California's low-carbon fuel standard
- Climate issues with Republican presidential candidates
- Recap on Utility MACT and Utility NSPS
- Update on CARB regulations
- State updates: Washington, Vermont, Maryland, Oregon, Arizona
- Quebec launches its provincial cap-and-trade program
Members may log on to access the event recording.