March 21, 2011
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month’s event were:
Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
Nikki Roy, Congressional Affairs Fellow at the Pew Center on Global Climate Change
The topics discussed during the March 21, 2011 call included:
- Anti-EPA and pro-regulation lawsuits filed
- Expected passage of Upton-Inhofe EPA-choke-off bill and implications for the success of efforts to curtail EPA's authority to regulate GHGs
- Passage of Renewable Energy Standard legislation in California
- State legislative efforts stripping EPA of GHG authority
- Update on New Hampshire legislation proposing to repeal state RGGI participation
Members may log on to access the mp3 recording.