Water Quality Projects
- ELI studies ways to address nonpoint sources of water pollution, primarily through innovative uses of state and local laws, and examination of synergies among cost-sharing, technical assistance, enforcement, and liability.
- ELI is examining use of the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) program to address numerous pollutants, including biological pollutants and invasive species, nonpoint sources and stormwater, and others.
- ELI is studying effective use of the watershed approach at multiple scales, and examines market mechanisms, tax incentives, enforcement, and land use measures to control water pollution and restore the health of watersheds.
- ELI examines the relationship between infrastructure for water, sewer, and stormwater management, and finance and development decisions.
- ELI convenes water quality professionals to share best practices and brainstorm innovative strategies to address water pollution.