The In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Training Webinar Series was designed to help states, tribes, and local governments; conservation organizations; and other interested groups develop or refine rigorous in-lieu-fee programs that yield ecologically effective and sustainable compensatory mitigation. The series of webinars focuses on specific subjects, providing in-depth technical support on the topics of most interest to participants. The topics were chosen with the assistance of an Advisory Committee based on an assessment of the needs of states, tribes, and local governments and conservation organizations seeking approval for or overseeing the approval of statewide or regional in-lieu fee programs.
Short-Term Financial Assurances
Financial assurances are those funds or other resources that the mitigation provider must provide to ensure that if a compensation project fails to meet its performance standards or if the mitigation provider ceases to exist, funds are available to guarantee the project will be successfully completed. These funds differ from those set aside to support long-term stewardship activities. For this webinar, Steve Martin (US Army Corps of Engineers Institute for Water Resources) gave an overview of the various types of financial assurances available to ILF programs. Mike Moxey (US Army Corps of Engineers Mobile District) and Jeanne Richardson (US Army Corps of Engineers Norfolk District) discussed the different approaches to financial assurances taken by the ILF programs they oversee.
- Steve Martin, US Army Corps of Engineers Institute for Water Resources
- Mike Moxey, US Army Corps of Engineers Mobile District
- Jeanne Richardson, US Army Corps of Engineers Norfolk District
- Steve Martin’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Mike Moxey’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Jeanne Richardson’s PowerPoint Presentation
- Federal policy on financial assurances
- Links to additional resources on financial assurances
- White Paper - Implementing Financial Assurance for Mitigation Project Success
Webinar recording of event