Monthly Climate Change Briefing: April 2014
April 7, 2014
NOTE: This series of briefings is available only to those who are ELI members by virtue of their organizations' support of the Institute. Please consult our list of institutional member firms/consulting groups, corporations, or NGOs to ascertain if you are eligible to join these sessions. For more information on becoming an institutional member of ELI so that you and your colleagues would receive routine access to these briefings, please contact Chandra Middleton.
Staying on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena is no small task. As a special service to our institutional members, the Environmental Law Institute provides a series of monthly conference calls with national experts on climate law and policy to keep you up to date and to answer your questions.
Topics addressed in this month's call:
- NJ court decision striking down the way Gov. Christie withdrew NJ from RGGI
- New PSD decisions
- Murray Energy's new suit claiming EPA violated the CAA in not assessing the effect of GHG regulation on the industry
- Energy-related issues in the April 3 Finance Committee markup of the extenders bill (including action on the wind PTC announcement)
- Climate-specific portions of the just-released Ryan budget
- Methane strategy announcement (see Van Ness Feldman's alert on the subject)
Kyle W. Danish, Partner, Van Ness Feldman, LLP
Michael B. Gerrard, Professor, Columbia Law School ; Director, Center for Climate Change Law
Manik Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
ELI Monthly Climate Briefings are made possible by the
generous support of our institutional members.
NOTE: This call/recording is for ELI members only. No comments may be quoted
or used without the express written permission of ELI and the panelist.