An ELI Research Seminar Series
The In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Training Webinar Series is designed to help states, tribes, and local governments; conservation organizations; and other interested groups develop or refine rigorous in-lieu-fee programs that yield ecologically effective and sustainable compensatory mitigation. The series of webinars will focus on specific subjects, providing in-depth technical support on the topics of most interest to participants. The topics were chosen with the assistance of an Advisory Committee based on an assessment of the needs of states, tribes, and local governments and conservation organizations seeking approval for or overseeing the approval of statewide or regional in-lieu fee programs.
In 2009, ELI published model language that could be incorporated into in-lieu fee program instruments being developed by state agencies and non-profit organizations. The report, funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, was designed to comply with the 2008 Compensatory Mitigation Rule. It was developed using the best available information and uses examples from the approved and draft in-lieu fee instruments that were available as of December 2009.
More information on the individual webinars is posted below as it becomes available. PowerPoint presentations, archived recordings, and helpful resources are available for each webinar by clicking the links below. Participants can contact Rebecca Kihslinger (email@example.com) for more information or to register for upcoming webinars.
- April 22, 2013: Advance Credits
- May 8, 2013: Range of Ways ILF Programs Can Be Structured to Guide Site Selection
- May 21, 2013: Short-Term Financial Assurances
- June 3, 2013: Long-Term Financing
- June 19, 2013: Compensation Planning Framework
- June 26, 2013: Establishing ILF Program Accounts, Administrative Costs, and Fee Methodologies
- July 23, 2013: Economic Feasibility Analysis and Service Areas
- July 31, 2013: Long-Term Management Plan
- September 4, 2013: Standard Operating Procedures and Mitigation Plan Development
- March 28, 2014: In-Lieu Fee Mitigation Training Webinar Series: Credit Determination