ELI/ALI CLE Environmental Law Conference
February 5, 2014 - February 7, 2014
Co-sponsored by the Environmental Law Institute and ALI CLE
Now, in its 44th year, this highly-reputed CLE program on environmental law is the go-to course for environmental attorneys across the country who want to stay on the cutting edge. This thorough program has instruction for every level, with optional introductory lectures on the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and CERCLA, RCRA, and TSCA and advanced, in-depth discussions of the key issues in environmental law under the second Obama administration including legislative initiatives, regulatory changes, and recent judicial decisions. This year, the course gave new attention to the environmental issues in business and real estate, and the challenging issues in energy production.
This comprehensive course not only helps you understand the “big picture,” but also keeps you abreast of recent key changes in environmental law that may affect your practice. Taught by a faculty of seasoned private practitioners, senior public officials from federal agencies, law professors, and other public interest advocates and with ample opportunities to network, this program gives you all the tools you need for a distinguished and successful environmental law practice.
Expert faculty explored updates and recent trends in:
- CERCLA and hazardous waste
- air and climate change in the courts and state and federal administrations
- business, real estate, and the environment
- citizen suits and the latest government enforcement initiatives
- U.S. Supreme Court developments
- NEPA and environmental justice
- water resources, quality, and wetlands
- global environmental agreements
- ethical issues (one hour)
- environmental regulation of energy
- developments involving the Endangered Species Act and public lands
NOTE: You may see details of the program or purchase the on-demand video/materials from the event HERE.