The content of this web site is subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for educational purposes or personal use, is prohibited without prior consent from the Environmental Law Reporter (ELR).
Permission to reprint content from the ELR website can be obtained by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
The information provided in this web site is for general guidance only. The information is not intended to constitute legal advice and you use it at your own risk. ELR accepts no responsibility or liability for damages arising from the use of the information.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- 1.1. These terms and conditions ("the Terms and Conditions") are binding on all persons that access the www.elr.info website ("the Website") without qualification or exception. By entering the Website, the person accessing the Website ("the User") agrees to be bound by and shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions, which the User acknowledges to have read and understood. If the User does not agree to any of the Terms and Conditions, the User may not enter, view or make use of the Website.
- 1.2. ELR may from time to time amend these Terms and Conditions without notice to the User. The User's continued use of this Website shall constitute the User's agreement to the amended Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property
- The Website is owned by the Environmental Law Reporter (ELR) and the User acknowledges that ELR or its licensors are the proprietors of all intellectual property subsisting in, pertaining to or used on the Website, including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, patents, inventions, goodwill and trade secrets ("the Intellectual Property").
- Website Use
- 3.1. The User may not, without ELR’s written prior consent, use, reproduce, adapt, distribute, publish or in any other way deal or interfere with the Intellectual Property or the Website's contents.
- 3.2. The User shall not infect the Website with viruses, worms, trojan horses or any other code that has malicious, contaminating or destructive properties nor shall the User damage, interfere with or intercept any data or information contained on the Website.
- 3.3. Access to this Website is made available for information purposes only. No content, information, statement or opinion on this Website should be construed as legal advice. The User should consult an attorney if it seeks legal advice.
- 3.4. A&A reserves the right to make any changes to the Website and its content and/or services offered through the Website at any time and without notice.
- 3.5. The Website may contain links to other websites. ELR has no control over such websites, does not review their content and will not be liable for their content or accuracy. The User accesses such websites at the User's own risk and discretion.
- No Warranties or Liabilities
- 4.1. ELR makes no warranties, whether express or implied, in regard to the Website, its contents, accuracy or availability. Without limiting the aforesaid, ELR does not warrant that the Website or any files that may be downloaded from it are free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or any other code that has malicious, contaminating or destructive properties.
- 4.2. The User assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of the Website. ELR A shall not be liable for any loss, injury, damage, cost, penalty or claim resulting from the use of the Website, whether direct or indirect, and whether or not ELR has been advised of or has knowledge of the possibility of such loss, injury, damage, cost, penalty or claim.
- 4.3. The User hereby indemnifies ELR and holds it harmless against any and all liability, loss, damage, penalty, cost or claim of whatsoever nature suffered by any third party in relation to any act or omission by the User in relation to the Website and the use thereof by the User, and/or arising from the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- 5.1. Certain information regarding the User can be obtained automatically as the User navigates through the Website. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to the User's internet protocol address, internet browsing software and domain. This assists ELR to manage the Website and provide functionality. ELR may use this information for internal purposes but will not provide it to any third parties.
- 5.2. The User may provide ELR with the User's personal information. The User consents to ELR using such information for the purpose for which it is disclosed and ELR will not make it available to third parties without the User's consent.
- 5.3. By requesting or indicating that the User would like to receive ELR's e-newsletters on the Website, the User consents to ELR sending to the User such e-newsletter and any other information or material which ELR deems may be of interest to the User.
- Governing Law
- The Terms and Conditions and the User's use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington, D.C. The User irrevocably and unconditionally consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of Washginton, D.C., in regard to all matters arising from these Terms and Conditions or the User's use of the Website.