- Can I attend the reception or dinner if I am not a member?
- Is my organization an ELI member?
- How do I become a member?
- What is the date of the 2016 ELI Award Dinner?
- What are the times and locations of the reception and dinner?
- I am a vegetarian. Can I request a vegetarian meal for dinner?
- Where can I get information on the ELI-Miriam Hamilton Keare Policy Forum?
- Where is my printed invitation?
- How much are tickets and what is the tax-deductible amount?
- Can I purchase a ticket for the reception only?
- How do I pay for tickets/tables?
- Will I receive a ticket in the mail?
- Can I buy a ticket at the door?
- How do I submit the names of my guest(s)?
- How many individual tickets to be seated together can a member buy?
- What if I have to cancel my tickets?
- What is the best way to travel to the 2016 ELI Award Dinner?
- Does ELI have a room block at the Omni Shoreham Hotel?
- Is there parking at the Omni Shoreham hotel?
We are pleased to have many corporations, law firms, and public interest organizations as members of ELI. Check to see if your organization is listed on our Corporate, Professional, or Public Interest membership directories.
As noted above, you may join as an individual member and receive the member discount on your tickets (contact email@example.com if you're unsure of your membership status). To sign up your organization in the Corporate, Professional, or Public Interest programs, contact Brett Korte at 202-939-3852.
The 2016 ELI Award Dinner will be on Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
5:30 p.m. Reception (pre-paid dinner ticket required to attend)
7:15 p.m. Award Dinner (tickets need to be pre-paid)
Both events will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel (2500 Calvert Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20008) and are exclusively for those who have pre-paid tickets to the events.
Yes! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your name, the name of your organization, and your request for a vegetarian meal by October 20, 2016.
Each year the Environmental Law Institute-Miriam Hamilton Keare Policy Forum invites top experts in the fields of environmental law and policy to debate a current critical issue. This forum precedes the Award Dinner and Reception. Please go HERE for more information or to register for the event.
Members will receive an electronic invitation in August. There are no actual tickets for the event but we will have a record of your ticket purchase at the registration desk.
Member and non-member ticket prices are noted on the Tickets page. In addition, members of the Corporate, Professional, or Public Interest programs may purchase tables for eight guests for $4,500. For information about the additional benefits of being a Star Sponsor of the event, contact Melodie DeMulling at 202-939-3808. Please note that ELI is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt, charitable organization listed in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions in excess of $200/per ticket may be considered as a tax-deductible contribution to ELI.
No, the reception is ONLY for guests who have purchased tickets to the dinner.
No, when you arrive you will receive a pre-printed name badge that serves as your entrance pass to the Reception and Award Dinner.
No, all tickets and tables must be purchased and paid for by October 18, 2016. No tickets will be available at the door.
If you are a Star Sponsor or a member firm with a table, send an email to email@example.com and include the name(s) and affiliation(s) of your guest(s). Remember that all tables accommodate only eight guests.
You may purchase as many tickets as you like, but we can only guarantee that four will be seated together at a table.
All cancellations received by ELI by October 18, 2016 will be refunded (minus a $35 cancellation fee/ticket). After that date, no refunds will be issued. However, the full amount may be considered a tax-deductible, charitable contribution to ELI.
For help in making travel plans, please consult the following helpful travel links:
Omni Shoreham Hotel
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro subway)
Washington Dulles International Airport
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Baltimore Washington Airport
A room block at the Omni Shoreham will be open starting in mid-August. Check back here for more details.
For a list of other nearby hotels, please go HERE. Please note that you or your guests will be responsible for the payment of your room, taxes, and incidental charges.
Valet parking during the event is available for $36. There is no self-parking at this venue.