November 12, 2012
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month's event were:
- Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
- Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Nikki Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
The topics discussed during the call included:
- What the outcome of the election portends for the Supreme Court and its future environmentally-related rulings
- What the election may mean for federal climate policy development by EPA and Congress
- Michigan Clean Energy ballot initiative
- California LCFS oral arguments in the 9th Circuit
- New Hampshire Governor's race and its role in the future of RGGI
- Washington Governor's race, where climate has been debated substantially
- California cap-and-trade omnibus update
- Cuomo/Bloomberg response to Sandy, including discussion of climate change
Members may log on to access the mp3 recording.
This ELI Associate Seminar was made possible by the generous support of our members.