May 14, 2012
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month's event were:
- Vicki Arroyo, , Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
- Kyle Danish, Van Ness Feldman, PC
- Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Nikki Roy, Vice President, Strategic Outreach, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)
The topics discussed during the call included:
- Preview of the 5/17/12 Senate ENR Committee hearing on Sen. Bingaman's Clean Energy Standard
- Legal/policy issues surrounding EPA's proposed GHG NSPS for new power plants
- 9th Circuit decision lifting stay on implementation of California low-carbon fuel standard
- Virginia Supreme Court reaffirming insurance companies don't need to indemnify defendants in climate tort litigation
- Mississippi decision disallowing utility expenditures for IGCC
- State updates: Florida, California, Alaska
- How are renewable standards faring in state legislatures?
Members click here to access the event recording
This ELI Associate Seminar was made possible by the generous support of our members.