September 12, 2011
Monthly Climate Change Briefing
A special service for ELI institutional members, this half-hour monthly conference call provides a valuable way to keep on top of the legal and policy developments in the climate change arena.
Panelists for this month's event were:
- Vicki Arroyo, Executive Director, Georgetown University Climate Center
- Kyle Danish, Van Ness Feldman, PC
- Michael B. Gerrard, Director, Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Nikki Roy, Congressional Affairs Fellow at the Pew Center on Global Climate Change
The topics discussed during the September 12, 2011 call included:
- Update on state activities: CARB "alternatives" analysis and regulatory changes, Gov. Christie's veto of legislative attempts to keep NJ in RGGI; RGGI region's LCFS economic analysis
- Review of recent NEPA decisions
- Recently released State Dept. decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- Update on litigation on EPA's GHG rulemakings, including EPA's recent brief in the mobile source case
- Appropriations and impending CR negotiations and the possible impacts on EPA
Members may log on to access the mp3 recording.
This ELI Associate Seminar was made possible by the generous support of our members.