2012-2013 Environmental Law and Policy
Annual Review Conference:
A Showcase of Innovative Environmental Law and Policy Ideas
This year, we will hold two conferences. One on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC and one at Vanderbilt University Law School in Nashville, TN.
Washington, DC Conference
Pictures from the conference are available here.
WHEN: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm, March 22, 2013
WHERE: Russell Senate Office Building Room 385 (SR-385), Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
RSVP: The conference is free and open to the public, but you must RSVP. To do so, please email Lynsey Gaudioso at email@example.com. Please include your name, affiliation, and contact information. Attendance is limited; please register early to guarantee your space.
Critical Habitat and the Challenge of Regulating Small Harms
- Dave Owen,
Associate Professor of Law, University of Maine School of Law
You can find a copy of Professor Owen's PowerPoint presentation available here.
The Limits of Liability in Promoting Safe Geologic Sequestration of CO2
- David E. Adelman,
Harry Reasoner Regents Chair in Law, The University of Texas School of Law
- Ian J. Duncan, Associate Director and Research Scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin
Listen to the audio recording of Panel 2
- Priya Aiyar, Deputy General Counsel for Environment and Nuclear Programs, Department of Energy
- Scott Anderson (co-commenter), Senior Policy Advisor, Environmental Defense Fund and Fred Eames (co-commenter), Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Ray Ludwiszewski (co-commenter), Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP and Karyn Marsh (co-commenter), Staff Attorney, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- John Pendergrass, Director, Center for State, Local, and Regional Environmental Programs, Environmental Law Institute
You can find a copy of Fred Eames's PowerPoint presentation available here.
A Federal Act to Promote Integrated Water Management: Is the CZMA a Useful Model?
- Barton H. "Buzz" Thompson, Jr. (via video conference), Robert E. Paradise Professor of Natural Resources Law, Stanford Law School and Perry L. McCarty Director, Woods Institute for the Environment
Listen to the full audio recording of Panel 3. In addition, Professor Thompson's video presentation is available below.
- Brad Campbell, Former Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection; Founder, Bradley M. Campbell LLC
- Michael Connor, Commissioner, Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Interior
- Adam Schempp, Director, Western Water Program, Environmental Law Institute
Vanderbilt University Law School Conference
WHEN: February 18, 2013, 12:00 pm CST
WHERE: Flynn Auditorium, Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, TN
The Problem of Environmental Monitoring
- Eric Biber, Professor of Law, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Anne Davis, Managing Attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Shari Meghreblian, Deputy Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Kevin Warkentin, Corporate Environmental Director, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
For more information on previous conferences, please see our Past Events page.